How to complete your online application to UniMC
Here is a step-by-step guide to make your application to the University of Macerata as successful as possible.
Before starting your online application:
• Carefully read the official information regarding the preliminary evaluation (pre-admission) for international students available here.
• Carefully read the programme outline on the application portal for each degree programme in which you are interested: find out the relevant details, such as the programme’s level, duration and structure, language of instruction, entry and language requirements, and career opportunities. Consult the complete list of our degree programmes here
• Don’t miss the deadlines of the pre-admission intakes! There are different application rounds during which you can apply; the choice of one over another does not interfere on the evaluation. However, we recommend you not to leave applying until the last minutes as it takes certain dedication – but you don’t need to complete the application all at once: consult the intakes’ calendar, and take the due time to complete the application and make a good impression, it is worth!
During the application process:
• You can only register on the portal once; once registered, you can only submit a single application for as many as two (2) different degree programmes.
• We only accept colour digital copies of your original documents in PDF format.
• If your entry qualification documents are not in English or Italian, you must provide English or Italian translations: at this stage, you can produce unofficial translations.
• Please upload only the documents required as indicated in your online application. Any unrequired documentation cannot influence the evaluation of your application.
• You don’t need to submit evidence of Italian language proficiency if:
a) you are an Italian mother-tongue student, as established by the document “Procedure per l’ingresso, il soggiorno e l’immatricolazione degli studenti richiedenti visto ai corsi della formazione superiore in Italia per l’Anno Accademico 2020/21 presso le istituzioni della formazione superiore” released by the Italian Ministry of Education, Universities and Research.
b) you apply for a study programme taught English.
• Record the specific online interview: by registering at the portal and selecting the programmes of your interest, you receive an e-mail containing the link (available for 10 days from the date of receipt) to start a guided procedure to record the online interview. Within the interview, you are asked to answer specific questions (you will know them before starting to record the video) on the motivations on your application and to record short videos (max duration: 60 up to 90 seconds per each video). Be ready to introduce yourself outstandingly!
• Get a reference: invite a teacher, adviser or professional who knows you academically to submit a written recommendation through the portal. You must have a completed reference on your application before submitting it.
Submitting your application:
• The “Save” button* allows you to save your application when incomplete and to make changes as you work on it over time. Use the “Submit” button only after you have completed all fields of the application, uploaded all the required documents, and recorded the online interview.
• The pre-admission and validation staff of the University of Macerata will only pre-evaluate submitted applications: applications with statuses such as “reopened”, “prepared”, “inactive”, “blank” or “blocked” will not be considered for the evaluation; incomplete applications will remain pending (status “feedback”) until completion by the set terms.
After submitting your application:
• Regularly check the inbox of the e-mail address you provided during registration and pay attention to the feedbacks and requests of further actions you will receive.
• The outcome of the pre-evaluation is communicated by e-mail after the deadline of each intake, so please check the intakes’ calendar.
• If additional information or documents are needed for the pre-evaluation of your application, you will receive our feedback via e-mail, so be sure to provide what is requested by the given deadline.
• Do you have any question? You can find the answer by consulting this portal or the website of the University of Macerata. If some point remains unclear, you can get in touch with us by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
UniMC pre-admission and validation staff
30 Sep 2021